Monday, September 27, 2010

Josh & Sean McDowell

This past weekend Josh McDowell and his son Sean were in Des Moines. They spoke at our church 6 different times on a variety of topics. It was a great encouragement to our church and specifically to Luke and I. We learned so much. It is amazing to see a Father and Son, with totally different upbringings serving Christ together in this way and giving a vision to us of raising our children to fear the Lord!

Deuteronomy 6:2-9
".. and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the Lord your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life. Listen closely, Israel, and be careful to obey. Then all will go well with you, and you will have many children in the land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you. 'Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.'"

Sadly, this is the best picture I got of Josh McDowell the whole weekend! I could have taken more, but I might have lost one of my kids in the process or missed a great opportunity to take notes!

Josh McDowell said Leighton was handsome AND he touched my baby belly! That was fun because I view him as such an awesome and well know person, not in a celebrity-type way, but in a Godly man/hero of the faith way. His personability and humilty are very transparent and I was glad that he had time to talk to little ole me!

This was Josh's third trip to our church and this time he brought along his son, Sean! He was a blessing to us as well. He was very wise and relatable!
Luke and I got to the listen to the messages on Friday evening at Drake's Campus. The boys enjoyed the sand!

It was a great weekend and we are excited and challenged to implement all that we learned.

No comments: