Saturday, October 9, 2010

Grandparents Visit

Bringing Brooks home has been a joy. It is wonderful to have a baby around again! My parents arrived on Wednesday and were here to help cook, do the dishes, fix the dishwasher, get groceries, clean, and mostly chase Leighton and McCabe around outside!

Leighton & Grandma


McCabe & Grandma


Bringing the toys to the front yard and back again ...

Brooks napping with Papa ...
Precious BROOKS ...










Leighton and McCabe have really adjusted well. I know the real test will come when my parents leave and we settle into our new routine, but it seems like they are very welcoming of him. Leighton asks to hold him, gives him a pacifier when he cries, and loves to turn his swing on. McCabe likes to kiss him on the head sweetly or smell his feet and run away giggling and saying "Pee-U". I am so glad things are going well!





Big Brother Leighton ...

Leighton giving McCabe a ride on daddy's skateboard ...

McCabe running around ... everywhere ... McCabe Skateboarding ...
We have been winding down at the end of the day a little early and have tried to enjoy some cuddling time, long baths, reading time, some Minnesota Twins baseball watching, and a few episodes of Thomas!



At the days end we are all exhausted. Though I'm tired, I find my self somewhat refreshed just by the joy my kids give me. There is a sweet feeling I get when I am climbing into bed and all my precious boys are sound asleep. I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow but I think I might be smiling while I do so!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Brooks looks so old already! I can't wait to come and have a play date and get a cuddle from your new little one! We missed you at play dates this week!