I am so proud of my husband.
In addition to working a lot and being busy all the time, he and his friend fixed our galvanized pipe the other night! Our bath tub has slowly gotten worse at draining since we moved in. For example, half of your leg gets a bath every time you shower and you could step into some cold, dirty water for your morning shower that never drained from last nights bath for the kids.
Anyway, my handy (learning more all the time with an old house) husband and his friend sawed off portions of the old pipe to discovered that minerals and corrosion had built up and totally blocked movement of water. Then they successfully replaced the pipe and trap!
This morning was my first shower since the pipe was fixed and it was great!
I cannot believe that my husband helped fix a pipe! I am grateful for the money this saved us, but also for his willingness to work so hard and get so dirty even after his long busy day.
Since he was working on the pipe late I cuddled with Leighton until he fell asleep! At least that was my plan. I ended up sleeping in his bed for about a half hour until Luke came and found me when he was done in the basement. It was so sweet! I was tempted to stay there and cuddle on his tiny bed, but Luke would have been too sad! :)
We also had friends of ours come over last night to work on anything we wanted them to do. It was weird to be the boss, but there were 7 people from a bible study at our church that just wanted to serve us so they came with work gloves and wanted to work! They helped us haul away our old water heater and furnace, old windows, cement stairs, thousands of sticks that had fallen during the crazy and icy winter (Leighton loved helping with this job and talked about it for hours afterwards), they cleaned the garage, and they scrapped the paint in our porch so that we could repaint it.
So in 24 hours, our house got a lot of loving! I am so thankful for their labor. They really saved Luke a lot of time and energy and gave us a jumpstart to some of our projects! We hope to get the porch painted soon and I would love to hang some potted flowers in there! We also want to either make a sandbox or an herb garden in the location that those guys cleared out for us!
Man we are so blessed ...especially me! Blessed with that bible study's desire to serve us, blessed with my husband being so wonderful, and blessed by my amazing kiddos who bring life and joy to this house!
No comments:
Post a Comment