Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mercer Tree Mystery Solved

On our last couple of walks, Leighton will all of the sudden say, with an excited tone, "Mercer Tree". I ask him over and again what he said and he points and says, "Mercer Tree". I asked him who taught him that and he never responds. I have no idea where this came from. Then I thought to myself, Ive never heard of a mercer tree, but perhaps my 2 year old is smarter than me. So after one walk, I decided to google 'Mercer Tree'. There is no such thing as a mercer tree. I was excited that I was still smarter than my baby boy, but still confused about the Mercer Tree.

This continued on for a couple weeks. Luke even experienced it on our last walk. Hmmmmm.

Today, while packing for our vacation, I thought I'd keep Leighton entertained by turning on Thomas the Tank Engine show. Though it is almost August and still the dead middle of summer, the specific show was about a Christmas Tree. Every time Thomas said Christmas Tree, Leighton would say, with the same excited tone, "Mercer Tree." Ah Ha! Mystery solved. When Leighton says Mercer Tree, he is trying to say Christmas Tree.

No comments: