This week, we spent Thursday and Friday morning at the splash park. McCabe fought with his hat the first day but the second day he loved wearing it. He is quite adventerous in the water; He craws in after balls and toys, walks around in it and splashes.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Splash Park
I am always reporting about the things and activities that my boys love to do. I thought I should admit that in addition to my boys loving the splash park, I ADORE the splash park. Hot days are so wonderful when I can sit in some cool water and I love getting to work on my tan! It is also great to get to enjoy this time with other moms and eat a picnic outside.
This week, we spent Thursday and Friday morning at the splash park. McCabe fought with his hat the first day but the second day he loved wearing it. He is quite adventerous in the water; He craws in after balls and toys, walks around in it and splashes.


Leighton is so sweet to McCabe. He will make sure McCabe has a toy to play with and will go get them for him when they float away. When he splashes him it is an accident and he really does feel bad.
Throwing balls into the water and chasing them is Leightons favorite thing to do. He especailly likes the large beach balls. I am thankful that Leighton isn't agressive or mean and that he doesn't retaliate or throw fits, but I feel so sad for him when kids take his toys. It is serisouly so sad when kids take toys from his hands. Sometimes after he throws a ball into the water, someone takes it while he is en route to retrieve it. He gets the saddest look on his face and just watches it all happen. Sometimes he just comes to me and asks permission to go look for a different ball. Other times he just ever so patiently watches the child enjoy it for a couple minutes and then goes and gets it once they are done. He even comes to me and asks if he can go get the ball now. He wants to make sure that he wont be taking it from someone else, so he is basically making sure that it is free to play with. I say, "Yes Hunny, you can go get it now, thanks for asking!" but what I want to say is, "YES Go Go Go, Hurry before someone else takes it!") I am amazed at his temperment. Hopefully he doesn't learn to do that to other kids. I am pretty sure I have the sweetest 2 year old in the whole wide world. Yup!
This week, we spent Thursday and Friday morning at the splash park. McCabe fought with his hat the first day but the second day he loved wearing it. He is quite adventerous in the water; He craws in after balls and toys, walks around in it and splashes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment