Leighton has always loved playgrounds, but he especailly enjoys that as he gets older, he is getting to try (and master) all the big kid stuff on the playground.
In addition to the new big kid stuff, he has also made the slides more 'big kid'-like too; He not only climbs up them but goes down head first! I love going to the park with him.
When I turn a year older it is slightly disappointing because nothing seems different and I don't feel older. McCabe definetly knows that he turned 1. In addition to talking his frist steps on his birthday, he has become a big boy at the park too. He has gone from sitting on his bottom eating wood chips to climbing stairs and going down slides (though he does this ungracefully and totally out of control).This week we discovered a new place that I plan to go to regularily. It is for sure one of those activities that Leighton, McCabe and I love! Ashby park has a sweet shallow pool for the kids to play in AND I get to sit in! It was so much fun! I hope to go here so many more times, hopefully weekly!


We had a great morning at a fourth of July parade. I was planning to go with the kids since Luke is a very busy on saturdays. To my surpise, when I asked him where to park, he said he wanted to come! Yeah! It was a sweet surprise. Leighton and Daddy were at the street collecting candy and McCabe and I were in the back, trying to take some pictures!






No comments:
Post a Comment