Congrats Jeremy & Ashlyn Oberg

This Friday was as extra special day; Our good friends Jeremy & Ashlyn got married!





Here is a top 10 chonological list of the events and emotions that made this day a day of memories, tears, joy and thanksgiving:
10. Nails.
Vain, I know! On Tuesday, all the girls in the wedding got manicures and pedicures and I loved being pampered and spending time with these ladies. It made me giddy!
9. Leaving My Kids.
I do not like watching my kids watch me leave the house. I always wonder what is going threw their minds.
8. Spending the Day with the Girls.
In addition to loading up on coffee and cookies and getting pretty, this day together provided time to anticipate the nuptuals to come and reminisce about how these two love birds came to know the Lord and came to know one another. I spent a lot of time just looking at Ashlyn and being so proud of the woman she is.
7. Quiet Times
I was touched by how so many people arrived having already done their quiet time or prayed. In addition, I witnessed many of the bridesmaides, attendents and even hair ladies reading their bible during the day. Ashlyn has really chosen to surround herself with God-fearing women and it was so fitting to have the Lord remaing the priority, even on a busy edding day!
6. Pre-Wedding Prayer.
Again, it was encouraging to have this day bathed in prayer to the Lord, recognizing, adoring and praising his great work in Ashlyn and Jeremy's lives.
5. Nerves and Respect for My Husband: The Officient.
My wonderful Husband Luke was the Officient. He did a great job and I knew he would do a great job, but it was his frist one, so of course I had some nervous emotions, just like I do everytime he speaks. In addition to nerves, I had the upmost respect for him. I can't think of a better man to marry anyone because he is a remarkable husband and God-fearing servant..
4. The Curtain Opening for Ashlyn to Walk Down the Isle.
This is always a powerful moment, especially when you really really really love the bride. ;) But this was even more emotional than usual because her dads looked so proud to be giving her away. This was also the first time all day when all my emotions caught up to me. In this moment I was so filled with Joy for Ashlyn thinking about the past, present and future. It has been so exciting and humbling to watch Ashlyn come to Faith in Christ, mature in her walk with the Lord, wait with patience and purity for Jeremy, and reap blessings from her obedience. I was also reminded of just how much she has blessed my life and for that I am truely thankful. I was so honored to stand up next to her on that stage. I love you Ashlyn Oberg.
3. Speeches/Dances
The speeches were wonderful and were such a testimony to Ashlyn. Her Grandpa left the room weaping. And the Dances ... oh boy do I love Father-Daughter relationships. They are so sweet to me. The dances were emotional to say the least. McKenna, sitting one seat away from me, must have thought so too because she exploded with tears ... literally. The tears from the wedding party really started flowing ...
2. Slideshow
And then came the slideshow. After recovering from tears of joy, came tears of laughter. What could be better than sweet pictures sarcastically put to the passionate Enrique Iglesias song, HERO.
1. Kid-lessness.
You may think this one, titled 'kid-lessness,' would fall into the joyful category or the relief category; You'd be dead wrong. I hate being away from my kids. I was delighted and honored to spend the day praising Ashlyn and preparing with Ashlyn, but I missed my kids so deeply. My parents came to babysit and I required that they send frequent photo updates to me. In the morning, these picture updates caused me to smile and thank God that they were at home, safe, and enjoying Grandparent time. By evening, these photo updates caused tears as my little ones consumed my thoughts. To miss one night of putting my precious babies to sleep was unbarable for me, so Luke and I rushed home by 10:45, embrassed our blankets and books barried little tikes, and tucked them in snuggly to bed.
What an emotional and joyfulled day. What a blessed life! Thank you God!
Ashlyn & Jeremy, we pray that your love for Christ would grow, that your love for one another would grow, that you would increase in fruitfulness and that God would abundatly bless your lives. We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment